Every runner in the beginning stages can always use some motivational running quotes.
It’s just a fact of life. 😉
To some, this might sound a little pretentious and over-the-top.
But take it from someone who knows better.
When I started, I would have given anything for a motivational phrase or mantra to keep me going when I was dry-heaving by the middle of my first mile.
So, I’m giving you 21 motivational running quotes you can keep in your back pocket for your next run.
You’ll thank me later.
Also, before you get into some inspirational running goodness enter your email below to join the Free Run Your Life 7-Day Training where I’ll kickstart your journey to developing a long-term running habit.
21 Motivational Running Quotes For Beginners
1) “Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must – just never give up.” – Dean Karnazes
2) “Your legs are not giving out. Your head is giving up. Keep going.” – Unknown
3) “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.” – Fred Devito
4) “If you run, you are a runner. It does not matter how fast or how far.” – John Bingham
5) “Sometimes the best runs come on days you didn’t feel like running.” – Unknown
6) “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” – Steve Prefontaine
7) “Failure will not overcome me. As long as my will to succeed is stronger.” – Michael S. Kirby
8) “Be strong. You never know who you are inspiring.” – Unknown
9) “The ability to run the extra mile lies in between your ears.” – Unknown
10) “Go fast enough to get there, but slow enough to see.” – Jimmy Buffett
11) “The more I ran, the more my potential was revealed.” – Haruki Murakami
12) “I discovered early that running made me feel powerful, free, and fearless.” – Kathrine Switzer
13) “One run can change your day. Many runs can change your life.” – Unknown
14) “Running is the greatest metaphor for life. You get out of it what you put into it.” – Oprah Winfrey
15) “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Chinese Proverb
16) “Most people don’t run far enough on their first wind, to find out they’ve got a second.” – William James
17) “There is not one giant step that does it. It’s a lot of little steps.” – Peter A. Cohen
18) “Do it now. Sometimes later becomes never.” – Unknown
19) “I don’t run to add days to my life. I run to add life to my days.” – Ronald Rook
20) “Feeling good? Run hard. Feeling down? Just run.” – Unknown
21) “Actually, I can.” – Unknown
To Wrap Things Up…
So, there you have it my running peeps!
Feel free to screenshot any of these images for future motivation.
I’m a low-key quote junkie so I’m all about saving them for a later time (or run). 😊
If you’re still struggling to stay motivated and develop a running habit, I highly recommend joining my Free 7-Day Run Your Life eCourse.
It’s a unique in-depth training that will teach you to get out of your own way, so you can FINALLY form a running habit.
Till next time!🖤
Founder, A Next Level You